Military/Veteran Sponsorship Program
The sacrifices made by our military are beyond measure. The Soothing Stitches Project is a proud supporter of our military and veteran families. We are pleased to offer this new pilot program to any military personnel or veteran that suffers from PTSD as a result of his/her service. Here is how the program works:
1. If you or someone you know matches the above description, please send us a picture, brief bio/description of military service including: a. branch of military w/amount of time served, b. tours of duty/deployment areas, c. current status (active, retired), and any other information about your military background you are comfortable sharing.
2. The Soothing Stitches Project pushes this information out through our website, social media outlets, business contacts, etc. to find a sponsor that funds your blanket order and shipping costs in full. There is never any cost to you.
3. Once a sponsor come forward, your order is processed and shipped. You can expect your blanket to be representative of your respective branch of military. You will receive a USPS tracking number for your shipment once mailed.
4. We understand that your military service is an extremely personal and sensitive experience. You are never required to share information or be identified. You control how much or how little information is shared. You may remain anonymous, if you wish. We respect your wishes 100%.
***All military and veteran submissions should be sent to: for processing.***
HOW TO SPONSOR A VETERAN
YOUR GIFT OF $100.00 TO THE SOOTHING STITCHES PROJECT MILITARY/VETERAN SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM ALLOWS US TO MAKE AND SHIP A 12-16 LB. WEIGHTED BLANKET TO A VETERAN OR MILITARY PERSONNEL THAT IS SUFFERING FROM PTSD.
EACH BLANKET WILL INCLUDE AN EMBROIDERED, PERSONALIZED MESSAGE, AND BE REPRESENTATIVE OF HIS/HER RESPECTIVE BRANCH OF MILITARY.
TO BECOME A SPONSOR, EMAIL NICOLE STRUSE:
WITH THE NAME OF AN INDIVIDUAL LISTED BELOW. FOR VETERANS LISTED AS ANONYMOUS, INCLUDE THE NUMBER AS WELL. (EX. ANON-001)
VETERANS IN NEED OF SPONSORSHIP
1. Equipment Operator 1st Class (SCW) Eric Wright
I was a U.S. Navy Seabee reservist for 22 years with multiple active duty activations after 9/11.
In 2001-2002, I was activated to ground zero immediately after 9/11.
I was then deployed with Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 133 to Guam and Puerto Rico, consisting of war zone training & preparation.
In 2008-2009, I was deployed with NMCB 27 to Ain Assad Iraq, where I was a Vehicle Commander with a Convoy Security Team.
In 2010, I was deployed with NMCB 21 to Kandahar Afghanistan, where I was the Assistant Convoy Commander.
In 2014, I was deployed to Kabul Afghanistan with NMCB 25, where I was the Convoy Commander for a Convoy Security Team.
As of January 31, 2016, I am a retired U.S. Navy Seabee Veteran.
2. Crystal Moua
I myself am a veteran.
I spent 9 years in the Navy where I was deployed to Cuba and Jamaica in support of operation Iraqi Freedom in 2009-2010.
I then was deployed in 2014-2015 as a convoy driver on convoy security to Kabul Afghanistan.
Both deployments were with NMCB 25.
I currently am enlisted in the Air Force in the civil engineering squadron.
I have 12 years in the military total. Many of which were spent away from my family either training or actual deployments.